Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Sleepless Night, but A Good Day

Last night, I had a lot of trouble sleeping. In fact, at 2 am, I got up and watched a couple of 1-hour programs I had on my DVR. I finally went back to bed and eventually gave up and got up for good around 7 am.

I packaged up some more tapes for eBay then loaded up the gardening pots I was taking to my cousin. After that, I really needed a shower – it was so hot and muggy this morning. How refreshing a shower can be!

My cousin and I had a great lunch at the Horse & Jockey British Pub on Pasadena Ave. in St. Pete. The fish I had was just as good as I remembered and, I don’t know how they make their fries, but they are wonderful too. As an appetizer, I had a cup of spicy chicken and mushroom soup – it was delicious and very SPICY.

After I got home, I took an hour nap, then got to work on scanning the rest of Mom’s books. Altogether, I found 88 books to scan. After scanning the images, I reduced the size of the files so I can use them on eBay.

After dinner, I sorted through some of the stuff in Mom’s bathroom, then put the first shelf of books out on eBay. I had to toss out a couple of books where I found my Mom had ripped out pages. Imagine getting through the end of a book and not having the last page or pages. In one book, page 80 was ripped out, but still in the book. I decided to try to sell that one, but wrote about it in the ad.

Last night, Lewis and Clark were talking about catching fish in one of the rivers that ran into the Missouri. Can you believe they caught 800 (YES, EIGHT HUNDRED) fish? I think they fashioned some kind of net to do this. Almost seems too easy, doesn’t it?

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment