Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dream, Dream, Dream

Today, after getting several packages ready for shipment, I set out for the post office under dark and cloudy skies, expecting any minute that the heavens would open up and the rain would drench the earth as it has during the last few days. I got the packages mailed and headed to Brandon to the AMC Regency Theater to see Inception, A movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, and a cameo appearance by Michael Caine.

This movie, which lasted 2 hours and 28 minutes, was an extreme thriller. I was often on the edge of my seat. It was all about dreams and sometimes dreams within dreams and even dreams within dreams within dreams. I think it would be beneficial to see it again. Many times during the movie you don’t know it the players are dreaming or if it’s reality.

Leo D. is a little heftier than the last time I saw him (I think it was in Titanic). I was not a fan of Titanic. In fact, I spent the last 3/4 of the movie thinking, “Sink, baby, sink!” I think my distaste for the movie Titanic translated into a distaste for Leo. I’ve changed my mind – Leo did a good job on Inception. If you get a chance to see this film, I’d be interested in your opinions.

Tonight it was chicken wings at Kazbor’s with my friend Karen. They never disappoint – they were crispy and pungent and filling. O course, they may have tasted so good because, except for some popcorn at the movies, I didn’t have a thing to eat.

Nothing much on TV tonight so I watched Covert Affairs, which I had on tape. Talk about thrilling!

I think I’ll go to bed early tonight since I am exhausted from another mostly sleepless night.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment