Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Almost Forgot

I was just lying in bed, almost asleep, and remembered I hadn’t posted anything to my blog. Wow, after my promise too! Well, it’s still before midnight so I guess I’m okay.

I sorted through Mom’s jewelry today and decided to take it and her punch bowl over to Dickie’s tomorrow. He’s going to take it to a consignment shop for me. We’ll probably go to the Horse and Jockey for lunch. I’m also going to try to get a set of shelves in the back seat of my truck for him.

Today, after getting an eBay item ready for shipment, I went to see Get Low, a movie produced in 2009 but just released with very little fanfare.

Mike Huckabee interviewed Robert Duvall on Fox over the weekend. This is where I first heard about the movie. Besides Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek and Bill Murray were the only folks I knew in the cast.

I’d say it’s a story of redemption. Duvall plays a hermit who has lived in a self-imposed “jail cell” in the woods. It’s not until the end of the film that you know why. He’s getting toward the end of life and decides to hold a live funeral party. I won’t say any more because I don’t want to spoil the movie for you. I’m sure most everyone who sees it will enjoy it.

Well, I’m nodding off and don’t want to fall asleep at my computer.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment