Sunday, August 29, 2010

Goodwill and Good Food

This morning, I bagged a bunch of blankets, sheets, pillowcases, etc. that were lying loose in Mom’s bedroom to take to Goodwill. I pulled five or six bags of clothes, quilts, pillows, etc. from the hall closet and stuck them in the truck also. Of course, before I’m done, I’ll probably make many more trips there in order to free my house and myself from all of this stuff I have no idea what to do with.

Karen rode along with me and we visited a restaurant I read about in one of Plant City’s local magazines. The magazine, which reviewed the food at The Cowboy’s Steakhouse and Saloon, had nothing but praise for the fare. I must say I agree with them.

Karen and I shared an order of Jalapeno Poppers for an appetizer. They were delicious. The salad that was one of my sides was huge, but so good that I ate EVERY bite. The Flat Iron Steak was cooked a perfect medium rare. Smothered in their special “cowboy butter,” the steak was tender, juicy and flavorful. I’m pretty sure that garlic was a part of the cowboy butter, but couldn’t tell you what it was comprised of besides that.

Accompanying my steak was Bourbon sweet potato mash. I’ve been trying to eat better and do not generally like sweet potatoes. These weren’t too bad and I ate most of them. I’m not sure these particular potatoes were that much better for me since I think they had a lot of brown sugar and some Bourbon.

For those of you in the area, the address of the restaurant is 108 State Road 60 East, Plant City. Coming from Brandon on Rte 60, it’s on the left just after you pass through the Rte 39 intersection. There’s a western wear store on the property also.

This afternoon, after a short nap, put a bunch more books out on eBay that I scanned this morning. There are 14 more that have been scanned and still need to be put out. I’ll probably do that tomorrow.

I have 7 items to ship tomorrow already and will probably get more tonight.

I’ll sure be glad to close this store. It’s a lot of work.

Well, I have some serious TV watching to do.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment