Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Delicious Lunch and Some Great Company

Today, after taking garbage to the dumpster, I straightened out my camper, including sweeping up the grass I had tracked in. I brought back my Sweeper Mop and will clean my kitchen floor tomorrow.

By the time I had packaged up a number of eBay items for shipment, my cousin Richard arrived and we set off immediately for lunch. Olde Town Pizza in Plant City was our destination. Dickie had never been there before.

For appetizers, we had:

  1. Italian Sausage with peppers and cheese – It was scrumptious
  2. Garlic Rolls – they weren’t as good as usual – a little underdone and not enough butter.
  3. Corn Fritters with Butter for Dunking – absolutely the best corn fritters I have ever had…a little smaller than a golf ball, they were crispy on the outside and had real corn kernels on the inside … I’m ready for more anytime I can get them.

Dickie had spaghetti with meatballs and sausage for lunch. He probably took 2/3 of it home.

I had a very tasty strawberry-walnut salad with their homemade red wine vinaigrette dressing. It could have used a few more nuts, but there were plenty of strawberries. You can see more info about this place at http://www.oldetownpizzeria.com/ (I brought home about 1/3 of my salad, but it’s gone by now.)

I always enjoy my cousin’s company. He’s got a great sense of humor and we laugh a lot. Being about the same age and growing up only a few miles from each other, we have a lot of memories that surface and give us a lot of pleasure as we’re talking. His mother (my Aunt Ruth) was one of my favorite people. His sister is my cousin Ethelyn (yep, the one I talk about a lot who was named for my mother).

I’m halfway through a David Baldacci book (The Simple Truth) and hope to finish it tonight (but probably won’t). It’s about the workings of the Supreme Court and ?justice? in general.

Tomorrow, it’s to AMC Regency to see Nanny McPhee II – I really enjoyed the first one. Karen has the day off and she’s going along also. I tried to get my friend Joan to go along, but she has an appointment with her eye doctor and can’t make it. I’ll let you know how the movie is.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment