Saturday, August 21, 2010

No Movie Review Today

Sorry, folks, I know you look forward to my movie reviews, but I didn’t go to the movies today. It’s been a kind of quiet day because I woke up feeling kind of punky – my nose was stuffy and I felt kind of tired. I’m sure the tiredness was due to staying up late last night reading David Baldacci’s thriller called Simple Genius. I just finished it and was heading for bed when I remembered my promise to write in this blog every day.

Speaking of genius, if you’ve never read anything by David Baldacci, you’re really missing out. I also keep his book The Christmas Train in the car for times when I have to wait and need something to occupy my mind.

I hope I didn’t give the idea that all I did today was read. I finished putting the second shelf of Mom’s books out on eBay – only 2 more to go. I also did some more sorting of the stuff in her bathroom. I’m keeping the good stuff that I might actually use, like H2O2 (that’s hydrogen peroxide for you who are chemistry-challenged), the fragrance-free body lotion, the 10 or so boxes of band-aids (at least the ones where the stick-um still sticks), the alcohol swabs and so on.

I also shipped 3 packages to eBay customer (the Seffner post office is open on Saturdays, at least for now), went to Publix, and to Ace Hardware for some spackle, but ended up getting some popcorn paint repair instead. I’ve got a crack over my shower in the main bathroom. I just hope the ceiling doesn’t fall in when I go to repair it. Just to be safe, I’ll wear something over my nose; I don’t want any more episodes of not being able to breathe.

Tomorrow, Karen and I are going to see Charlie St. Cloud. I think it stars Zack Efron. The movie isn’t on until 11:15 am, so I’ll probably clean my kitchen before I leave. Believe me, it really needs it.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment