Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Not Quite So Productive, But Still Fun

Today, my friend Joan had to go to the Edgecomb Courthouse in downtown Tampa and, since she doesn’t like to drive downtown, I drove her. We left the house about 8:45 this morning and did not return until after 3:30 this afternoon. Before she arrived, I did move the stuff off the shelves in my bathroom to my mother’s so I could eliminate duplicates and decided what to save.

Moms Bathroom Stuff with Mine_1080

AS you can see by the picture, this is going to take a while. For example, between the two of us, we had 4 large containers of Vaseline, I don’t know how many bottles of shampoo, enough band-aids for an army and so on.

After finishing with the bathrooms, I also got my eBay stuff ready to ship, but there was little time to do more than that.

We were at the courthouse until about noon and then started for The Olive Garden in Brandon where we were going to have lunch. I mentioned to Joan it was too bad she was so hungry or we could head down to Sarasota and eat at Pontillo’s. She’s another Pontillo fan. She said we should go ahead, that she could wait to eat.

Needless to say, that was all I was waiting for. … Off we went!

And it was just as good as it was on the weekend. joan asked the guy making pizza how he happened to open a Pontillo’s in Sarasota and he answered that he was a Pontillo. They sure do know how to make the BEST pizza. Joan agrees that it’s just as good as what we got in New York. So do her grandchildren who finished the leftovers after Joan took them to their house.

When I got home, I started scanning the covers of the books on Mom’s shelves. There are four shelves and I’ve scanned two of them. Tomorrow and over the next couple of days, I plan to:

  1. Finish scanning the rest of the books
  2. Change the size of the scanned images so I can use them on eBay
  3. Add them to my spreadsheet
  4. Post them on eBay

For outside work tomorrow, I’ll do what I planned for today but never got to because it was pouring when I got home: pack my gardening pots into a container.

I’ll also go through some of the stuff in Mom’s bathroom and throw out what is out of date.

It’s been an exhausting day so I guess I’ll get to bed early tonight – just as soon as I finish watching my DVR recording of Unnatural History.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment