Friday, August 20, 2010

Out of Touch…

I’m either out of touch with American culture or out of my mind. After working on the shed for a while after I first got up and then posting some more books on eBay, I went to AMC Regency and saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World – I never did figure out what was happening. I think it might be based on a video game.

There was a lot of really loud tuneless music. Kieran Culkin, all grown up, played a gay guy who chased and usually caught every guy in sight except Scott Pilgrim. Man, Kieran is a handsome dude, much nicer looking than brother Macaulay (who incidentally is now 30 years old… Kieran is 28 this year).

The only other person I recognized in the movie was Mae Whitman, who is on the tv show Parenthood and she was only in it for just a few minutes.

I should have left after the first fifteen minutes, but I kept thinking something interesting would happen. It didn’t meet even one of my criteria for a good movie: I think I might have laughed a total of three times, mostly in disbelief. I never cried and I was certainly not entertained.

At least, this was a day when I got a ticket from Moviewatcher for a free large popcorn and large drink – another good reason for not leaving, but a great reason for having a Moviewatcher card.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment