Monday, August 9, 2010

A Change of Plans

This morning, I received an email from Verizon that indicated my 3G modem would not be delivered today, but tomorrow instead. Since I didn’t have to stay home to greet Fed Ex and since I had to mail a couple of books at the post office, I decided to drop off my packages and then get groceries at Publix.

Next to Wegman’s supermarkets, Publix stores are my favorite. The stores are always clean and bright, the produce is fresh and excellent, and NOBODY beats their bread – even Wegman’s.

I was able to post around 20 new books, etc. out on eBay by using my desktop PC. and a flash drive to keep things up-to-date on my laptop. It takes a little longer than doing it on one computer, but it gets the job done.

Currently, I’m watching my last recorded episode of Burn Notice. I can’t imagine watching programs in real time again. Fast-forwarding through commercials really enhances the TV-watching experience. Oh well, I guess I could just tape everything before watching it.

It’s been raining here off and on all day, but the temperature hasn’t been affected too much – it was still in the 90’s.

I was reading about Lewis and Clark again and discovered some very interesting info. Did you know it was thought that the journey would take them about a year, not the 2 years, 4 months and 10 days it actually took? And they thought the Rocky Mountains were about the same elevation as the Appalachian Mountains. And that they calculated it would take about one-half day to portage from the headwaters of the Missouri River to the headwaters of the Columbia River, that is, to bridge the Continental Divide. What a surprise it all must have been! 

Did anyone hear Karl Rove sitting in for Rush Limbaugh today? I thought he did a pretty good job for someone who had never hosted a radio show before. Rush will be back tomorrow.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment