Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A/C Okay

Today was the day the fellow from US Air Conditioning came to the house for the 6-month checkup on my A/C. Everything checked out okay – just some minor maintenance in the form of a new filter and UV bulb. Good now for another six months – hopefully, my cousin will have to handle that one.

I spent the morning cleaning off my desktop PC (I backed it all up yesterday) in preparation for packing it up and sending it to my cousin Ethelyn for her son William. I had stored the boxes for both the monitor and the computer in my shed, so I’ll be getting rid of 4 big things: the 2 boxes, the monitor and the PC, to say nothing of the keyboard, mouse, and camera. I hope it weathers the trip to New York State.

I also began cleaning off my old laptop. I don’t know what I am going to do with that yet.

My Go-Video VHS to DVD converter (and vice versa) isn’t working correctly so I took it to Best Buy today. They don’t fix them there and gave me the number of a repair place. After I got to my truck, I called the number – it hadn’t been the repair shop for several years. Instead, it was an AAMCO transmission shop.

Tonight I’ve been working on more tapes: John Anderson, Kathy Mattea, and two of the three Tom T. Hall tapes. I forgot how much I like their music.

I have one more box of books to pack for my friend Linda, who has graciously agreed to take all of my fiction books. The next thing will be getting them in my friend Karen’s car so she can take them in to work with her. She and Linda work together.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with my cell phone, in prep for turning off my home phone tomorrow. I’ve been experimenting with voice commands, but sometimes it just doesn’t listen properly. I’ll have to work with it a little more.

I’ve worked all day to day using my 3-G modem instead of my DSL. It’s at least as fast if not faster. Tomorrow, I’ll cancel my home phone and internet.

Once again, I’ve worn myself out listing all of the stuff I’ve been doing. It’s almost like doing it all again.

Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. You have certainly been busy and you are just about ready to start boondocking!!

    ReplyDelete