Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Books, Packed and Unpacked

What a day! I got so much done.

My day started with a nice long, with me bouncing along accompanied by ABBA and all that wonderful music used in the movie Mamma Mia. So far, I haven’t allowed myself to use any excuses to avoid my walk, probably because i really enjoy the exercise.

After breakfast, I headed to Plant City where I dropped off five boxes of stuff at Good Will, then on to Sam’s where I got some batteries and boxes. As you will see by the pictures, the boxes are a little big, but I only filled them 2/3 full. Still, they are still too heavy.

There are a few more books on the shelves, as you can also see from the pictures and some in boxes already. Of course there are 3 more bookshelves in my bedroom, but they are specialty books: writing books, I intend to give to my former writing teacher, books by Kay Arthur and Gene Edwards and, of course, the Left Behind books. I may try to store some of them or just put them in the camper.

Books Packed and To Be Packed-1

What a disaster this room is!

Books Packed and To Be Packed-3

Tomorrow, the A/C company is supposed to come by between 10 and 1, so I know where I’ll be then. I’ll spend the time working on my packing. Will I ever get it all done? Sometimes I wonder.

I’ve been learning a little more about my cell phone, now that I will be using it exclusively as of 9/30/2010. I think I finally mastered my Bluetooth headset which is a lot better than the wired headset I used with my landline.

Today, I learned I can use voice commands to call people. My brother Ray, whom I called to show off my new skills, thought it showed how lazy I was. I just told him I was retired and it was okay to be a little lazy.

Well, tonight is one of my favorite TV nights: NCIS, NCIS-LA, and Parenthood. I’m also looking forward to seeing No Ordinary Family; the previews looked great.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment