Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lots and Lots of Tapes Archived

Today, I archived lots of cassette tapes, mostly Ray Stevens, Merle Haggard, and the Statler Brothers. In fact, I processed a foot high stack of tapes. It’s tedious work, but I was reading and watching TV at the same time.

I did take time out from my tape work to practice with my hiking poles, even though my right knee has been bothering me. I knew I could give myself that excuse for not practicing, but I decided I would not fall in that trap. So, I put on my iPod, strapped on my poles and took off. I walked for 20 minutes and my knee never bothered me once. It’s been a little sore today since, but it actually feels pretty good right now.

While archiving my tape, I came across a show on PBS called Appalachian Dimensions. It was a two-part series about people who hike the entire Appalachian Trail – a distance of around 2000 miles through 14 states. Wouldn’t be great to be in such good shape to be able to accomplish such a feat, but I think it probably sounds more cool that it actually is – imagine the muscle pain, walking through all kinds of weather, the difficulty of some of the more mountainous sections, to say nothing about the challenges just to go to the bathroom out in the middle of the woods.

It would be ?fun? but I guess I’d better work myself up to a mile first. He He He!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment