Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yikes!

Sorry to be so late publishing this post, but I’ve been having some issues with my computer. My disk drive is partitioned into a C: and a D: drive with the operating system on C:. One would think that 116 GB is enough for the OS, but it filled up fast. I spent a lot of time tonight copying my D drive onto an external drive, deleting the contents of the drive so I could extend the C drive. Unfortunately, that did not work.

Now, this wouldn’t be an issue if I didn’t need to upgrade my TomTom GPS unit. I guess I’ll have to get some type of third party software to take care of this. In any case, I’ve wasted enough time and energy on it tonight.

After walking half an hour this morning, I took a shower and left to visit my cousin Richard. We had a great lunch at the Horse and Jockey British Pub on Pasadena Ave. in St. Petersburg. We both had fish, but I had salad with mine while Richard had the chips that are normal fare with the fish and chips.

I had two ceramic Christmas trees my mother made which I was supposed to take over to him along with a box of miscellaneous Christmas decorations. Being the ditz I am, I left the trees home. Oh well, there’s always next time.

I spent most of the rest of the day reading a book by Fern Michaels called Weekend Warriors. It’s the first in a series about The Sisterhood, a group of women who become vigilantes. I finished it while my files were being copied tonight. I’ll start the next one soon.

Tonight for dinner, I sweated out some peppers and onions and green beans, added a can of tomatoes and some Parmesan cheese and had it for dinner. It was an unusual supper for me, but it was delicious. I’m seriously working on changing the way I eat and it seems to be paying off, at least for now – since 8/30/2010, I’ve lost 7 pounds. That’s almost a pound a day. How great is that!

Well, it’s very late.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment