Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sea World and Bass Pro Shop

Today, Karen and I visited Sea World in Orlando. It was a beautiful, breezy day it was, but very hot, so hot that we skipped the Wild Arctic exhibit, but saw almost everything else.

The first show we saw was Blue Horizons at the Whale and Dolphin theater. It featured a number of dolphins, but they were only in the show about half the time. Most of the show involved diving and acrobatics by cast members. They no longer use the false whales in the show at all.

Some other attractions we saw included

  1. The Manta Ray petting poll,
  2. Dolphin Cove, where you can see dolphins from underwater,
  3. The Manatee viewing area, both above and below ground
  4. The alligator pond with lots of alligators
  5. Penguin Encounter with the penguins, but also some very lively Puffins
  6. Pacific Point Preserve with lots of very loud sea lions and seals
  7. Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island at the Sea Lion and Otter stadium (the funniest part of this show takes place before the show starts – there’s a mime who entertains as the crowd comes in
  8. Shark Encounter

They have a new roller coaster at Sea World called Manta in which the victims, excuse me guests, lie face down for the ride. It looked like a wild ride. I think you get wet on this ride just like you do on Atlantis.

Are you out of breath yet? It’s a grueling day, but a lot of fun. We ate lunch at the Voyager’s Smokehouse delicious barbeque ribs. I left all but two of my fries and didn’t eat the roll, but I did have a few barbeque beans.

We left without seeing The Wild Arctic, with the polar bears and beluga whales and without seeing Believe, the show held in Shamu stadium which features the Orcas.

After leaving Sea World, we went to Bass Pro Shop, where I got my new sneakers I needed, then it was heading for home. We were back before 4 pm.

I just woke up from a two-hour nap and will probably go back to bed soon. I need my beauty sleep, after all.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment