Saturday, September 25, 2010

Another Exhausting Day

Got up this morning and took a fairly long walk while I listened to a tape titled 7 Reasons You Can Trust the Bible. I think the speaker was Erwin Lutzer – yep, I just looked up the book by that name and he’s the author. It was a good tape.

I’ve decided that instead of listening to the same music every morning (ABBA if I want to walk fast or Gaither Homecoming Israel if I don’t), I would try to learn some stuff. I have hours and hours – probably hundreds of hours – of tapes on my iPod, mostly from Worldview Weekend and Precept Ministries. I look forward to learning a lot. Of course, I won’t be walking all that fast, but I’ll be walking longer – most of the tapes are 35 – 60 minutes long.

I spent some very frustrating hours trying to get Internet Explorer 8 to work right on my laptop. It still isn’t working right. Clicking on links has no result – no error message, nothing. I finally downloaded Mozilla Firefox. It’s 10 times as fast as IE8 and all of the links work.

I spent a bunch of time updating the info on my iTunes – adding Genre, etc, then updated my iPod with it. I also archived a few more tapes.

During the course of the day, I went to the post office and the grocery store. Just had to get some more of those delicious Concord grapes.

I also finally reached my brother Ray. I’d been trying for two days to call him, but didn’t even get his voice mail. I finally got hold of his wife Margie and she had him call me.

My cousins finally got home from Texas; she called to let me know they were home safe. It will be great to be able to talk to her even every day if I want again.

Well, time to go to bed and read a while.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment