Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome Relief

This morning, at 8 am, I visited my chiropractor. They first hooked me up with a couple of sets of electrodes and some cold packs for about fifteen minutes. Then, I sat in a chair with a heated pad for another 15 minutes. After that, the chiropractor made some adjustments on my back.

As I was driving home, my hip and leg hurt a lot, but after I got home and moved around a little, it got steadily better. At this moment, I have no pain at all. I have another appointment on Friday morning, same time, same place and hope this will do it.

My cousin Dickie came over today. He’s having a lot of trouble with this knees and had a lot of trouble moving around, but we had a great time as usual. We had a wonderful lunch at Old Towne Pizza and dropped off a bunch of stuff at Good Will.

While he was here, he told a story I hadn’t heard before about my Aunt Ruth (his mother). She was a tremendously gifted cook – I am partly a product of the food she made. He told that one day he came home from school and sat down at the dinner table. As the family was eating, he asked his mother what they were eating. “Spanish rice” was the answer. “But Mom,” he said, “there’s no rice in this dish.” We had a great laugh.

The rest of the day, I’ve just pretty much goofed off, including taking the time to read a lot of e-mail I’d been putting off reading.

I’m skipping my walk tonight, just to give my body a bit of rest, but will take a nice long walk in the morning. Other than that, I don’t have any plans for the day.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment