Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tapes, Tapes, and More Tapes

Today, I probably archived about 15 tapes and I think they have stopped multiplying so maybe there is a non-train light at the end of the tunnel of tape. The tapes I copied today didn’t require constant vigilance since there weren’t music tapes so I was able to do some organizing and packing.

Terribly muggy today although it was quite cool this morning – 73 or so. Of course, that temperature didn’t last long. I had a great walk tonight, but couldn’t use my new iPod while walking because there was nothing on it. I attached it to my laptop to re-sync and used my old iPod instead. The music of ABBA is ideal for walking. Several peppy songs in the beginning and then tapering off. I walked about half and hour. It’s so different walking in the dark.

I’ve been reading a Ted Bell book today – I’m working my way through the Alexander Hawke series. It’s a great series, though Hawke’s friends and acquaintances seem to get killed off pretty regularly. But there are real good guys and real bad guys and the good ones win in the end. What more could you want?

I tried to fix my Go-Video which I use to copy VHS tapes to DVD, but can’t figure out why the DVD player won’t eject. I took the top off, but to no avail. I’m going to call the company tomorrow to see if they can direct me to some kind of reset or something.

Tomorrow, the A/C people come for my “FREE” 6-month checkup – it’s never been free. On the contrary, they always find something to do that is expensive. But at least the last time it made a huge difference in my electric bill.

Time for night-night.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment