Friday, September 10, 2010

Progress and the Answers in Genesis Conference

It’s 11:45 pm and I just got back from my walk.

Today, I made some progress in my kitchen, packing 2 1/2 cabinets of stuff to take to Goodwill, which I did. I probably won’t get back to it until Monday since this weekend there is an Answers in Genesis Conference at idlewild Baptist Church in Lutz.

The speakers at the conference are Ken Hamm and Dr. Jason Lisle. Both men are incredibly gifted speakers, easy to listen to, with excellent content. Esther and I met before the conference and went to dinner at The Vine Restaurant at the corner of Van Dyke Rd. and Dale Mabry in Lutz. She had the biggest scallops I have ever had and I had a rib-eye with the most delicious asparagus I’ve ever had and some pasta.

The Idlewild Church is HUGE. They have thousands in their congregation and still have two services on Sunday mornings. There are two more days of meetings and I’m really looking forward to them.

The Answers in Genesis organization (www.answersingenesis.org) is responsible for building the Creation Museum (somewhere between Louisville, KY and Cinncinnati, OH) and this year, started the www.IAmNotAshamed.org website. You’ve probably seen their ads on TV. They are a tremendous resource for Christians and the Christian worldview.

Well, it’s midnight. I guess it’s time to hit the hay.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment