Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Quiet Sunday

Today has been a fairly quiet day. I walked 35 minutes this morning in the pre-dawn coolness – well, if you consider 70+ to be cool. It was beautiful, though – not humid and no bright sun shining in my eyes as I walked. I didn’t know how far I’d be able to go after all of the walking at Sea World yesterday, but it seemed like every other day.

I archived a bunch of tapes today – Conway Twitty, Johnny Cash, The Cathedrals, a Singing News compilation, and others I can’t remember. It’s an easy job since you basically sit and wait to signal the next track. Only about 120 tapes more to go. Then, I want to see if I can copy some 8-track tapes – highly unlikely, but I’ll give it a try. I’m not sure if my 8-track player still works. And the 8-tracks themselves are probably worn out anyway.

The first 8-track tape we had was Merle Haggard’s The Fighting Side of Me. We bought it in South Carolina and played it on our new 8-track player the whole way home – yep, all 13 hours of it. I know that one is worn out.

While archiving tapes, I read Hawke: A Novel by Ted Bell. It’s a great book and the first book in a series of I don’t know yet how many.

I got 11 eBay packages ready to ship tomorrow. Of course, I might have more sales tonight.

The other exciting thing I did was make some bean soup. From 1 cup of beans, I get about 5 cups of soup. Of course, I add onions, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, Wickles peppers (very hot), celery, carrots, and roasted red peppers. With a healthy teaspoon of cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, the beans are very tasty and extremely filling. It makes for a quick meal when I’m too tired (for tired, read lazy) to make a meal.

My cousin Ethelyn called from El Paso tonight. She and her husband are visiting there. I miss talking to her every day or so, but she’ll be home before long and I can bug her more often.

Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. I need to hire you to sell some things on ebay for me!! (You can always call me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I didn't get up at 4:19am, this site must be on CA time!!

    ReplyDelete