Monday, September 27, 2010

Closed Forever

Today, I closed my eBay store forever. I’m all done with the packing and shipping of my household goods that people saw fit to buy. I no longer have an excuse for not getting my house packed up and ready for my cousin once the sale goes through. I’ll just have to blame my lack of progress (if there is any) on my inherent laziness.

I spent the morning closing the store and backing up my Desktop PC in preparation for taking deleting my files and taking it apart. I promised it to my cousin’s son (also my cousin, obviously) William. I was going to take it up there next time I went, but I think I’ll pack it up and ship it up there. Where would I put it in the meantime? It’s a great computer with RAID-protected disk drives.

I packed up my vinyl records today – three bankers boxes – about 200 of them. I’ll let my cousin Dickie go through them and the ones he doesn’t want, I’ll probably take to a local record store called Vinyl Fever. It would be a real shame to just toss them out. I found about 10 that I think I will put on my iPod. It takes some time, but I think it will be worth it.

Oh, I also made some more delicious bean soup – if I do say so myself, this time adding a can of tomatoes. It makes it so much richer and more tasty. Beans are filling, nutritious, high in fiber and one of my favorite foods. – good thing, ‘cause I eat a lot of them.

I think tomorrow, I’ll head to Sam’s and get some boxes for packing up my books. They really represent the most of what I have left to get rid of – well, aside from going through five two-drawer file cabinets full of who knows what.

You know, I’ve spent 50 years collecting these books. It’s kind of tough to see them go, but I can’t afford the space or the weight. Wish I could have bought all of them for my Kindle and, realistically, I probably wouldn’t re-read them anyway.

I’ve made some exceptions: my Janet Evanovich books, my Sue Grafton books, the Left Behind series (but I’ll get rid of them once I read them all), my books on camping, my Gene Edwards books. Oh dear, that sounds like a lot of books. Maybe, I’ll have to re-think some of them.

Well, once again, it’s getting late and I have to watch either Hawaii Five-O or Castle, though I’m pretty sleepy. I’m taping both anyway and watching stuff like that gives me something to do while I do boring things like packing up books.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment