Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Any Takers for Takers?

I spent most of the morning packing stuff out of my kitchen cupboards. Since some of it required washing, it took me a bit longer than it probably should have. Right now, I have four boxes of stuff in the back seat of my truck ready to go to Goodwill.

This afternoon, after shipping a couple of packages at the post office, I went to AMC to see Takers. I can’t get over how much less expensive it is to go to the movies when you don’t get popcorn and a drink. I did get a coupon for a free small drink, but since I’m sworn off soda, I’ll save it for Karen the next time we go to the movies.

The movie Takers, starring Matt Dillon as a cop who is hunting down a very clever gang of thieves, had lots of action, lots of shooting, lots of chase scenes – a perfect way to spend an afternoon relaxing. There was a large cast of characters, but the only other people I recognized were:

  1. Hayden Christopher from the movie Jumper, but I didn’t remember his name or where I’d seen him until I looked it up on the Internet tonight.
  2. Marianne Jean-Baptiste, from Without A Trace
  3. Paul Walker, who was in the first two Fast and Furious movies
  4. Chris Brown -- I think he beat up Rianna

Tomorrow at 8 am, I have an appointment with Dr. Tom, my chiropractor. Hopefully, my back will be back to better than normal once I get done there, though I suspect it’s going to take a few appointments to really do the job.

Well, it’s getting pretty late. I guess I need to get to bed so I can get up in time to be there by 8.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment