Monday, September 13, 2010

Machete – A Cutting-Edge Movie

Today, after mailing my eBay packages at the post office, I went to AMC and saw Machete. Words fail me, which I guess you would expect just from the title. Lots of well-known actors were in the movie, including Robert DeNiro, Don Johnson, Steven Seagal, Cheech Marin, Jessica Alba, and Lindsay Lohan. Danny Trejo played “Machete," a Mexican Federale who believed in upholding the law, unlike almost every other police officer and public official in the movie except Jessica Alba’s character.

Needless to say, there were many, many violent, bloody, gross, gruesome, spurting, – did I say bloody? – scenes with lots of arms and heads and hands and legs chopped off. In fact, the violence was so over the top, it was almost laughable – well, really it must have actually been laughable since many in the audience laughed at the gratuitous violence. (I told you words failed me.)

Now, there were also several minutes of nudity involving Lindsay Lohan and some other woman who played her mother. ?????

I hope I’ve given you enough info so you’ll avoid this movie.

After the movie, I had a great salad from Anthony’s Coal-Fired Pizza and then went to my sister-in-law’s in Tampa to pick up some boxes I’ll be using for packing stuff from the house.

I did walk 30 minutes again today – weird how it doesn’t bother me to walk with hiking poles, but sitting in a chair or walking without aid cause some pain. Oh well, I have an appointment with my chiropractor on Wednesday.

As soon as Rizzoli and Isles is over, I’m going to bed.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment