Monday, November 29, 2010

Back Home Safe and ?Sound?

Today, my cousin Richard and I started out for home about 9 am. After about an hour we stopped for gas and then went next door to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. While walking in and NOT paying attention to where I was going, I stepped in a small dip and went down on both knees. If you have been following this site, you know I’ve been having all kinds of problems with my knees. Believe me, this did not help, but they don’t hurt much more than they did.

The worst part of the incident was that I couldn’t get up by myself. A kind gentleman helped my cousin lift me up on my feet. The rest of the day, I used my cane.

It was a pretty good day of driving. We encountered a few sprinkles, but no heavy rain. The traffic was thick at times, but we never had any slowdowns or stoppages because of accidents or other incidents.

In fact, we arrived home about 7:15 pm. Dickie had another hour’s drive. I just spoke with him and he’s home safe and sound.

Tomorrow, I have a lot to do and hope my knees hold up. I have to go to Sam’s so I’ll probably go to a movie and then to Anthony’s for lunch. I have to visit the bank, talk to Camping World, make some other phone calls and talk to the park manager about the sale of my home. Whew! I’m tired already.

I was also planning on going to see my sister-in-law Esther sing with the Sing Live group tomorrow night, but it will depend on how the knees hold up.

I was talking to my cousin Ethelyn about what I could do to strengthen my legs and knees and she suggested variable ankle weights. Sitting in a chair and just bending my legs for a few sets of 10 would certainly help. I would probably start out with 1-pound weights and maybe work my way up to 5 or 6 pounds. Anything to make them stronger. She also suggested standing up and lifting my legs to the side with the weights on and some other stuff, but it doesn’t sound like much fun. :)

Well, it looks as if the government is about to make another power grab, this time with farms in the name of making our food supply safer. What a joke – if you want something to get worse, involve the government. They seem to have a special talent for making everything worse. And we know this bill will add more regulations and paperwork and red tape and ridiculous rules. Let’s hope enough senators got the message during the election. We need less regulation and more free market.

Well, time to switch out my laundry. That will be one job out of the way before tomorrow.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment