Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Quiet Day, Chinese Food and Card Games

Today was basically a quiet day. My nephew Chris headed back to an air force base near St. Louis, MO. He is in the U.S. Army, but is stationed on an air force base. How great he could be here with us for our traditional Thanksgiving feast.

We had Chinese food for dinner – Mongolian beef, General Tso’s Chicken, Sweet and Sour Pork, Garlic Chicken, Egg Drop Soup, and White Rice. It was yummy! Since Richard and I finished up the delicious Cherry Cheesecake my sister-in-law Margie left here, he had to eat apple pie and I had to forget about desert.

After dinner my cousin Richard, my brother Jeff and I continued our card game. We played several games of a variation of Buck Euchre – for 3 people with some interesting rules. It’s not like the Buck Euchre I remember from when I was a kid.

My brother Jeff was kind of down today because his favorite college football team Penn State got beaten. It seems to happen more often than he likes. And I know there are some Gator fans that are unhappy over the results of the Florida/Florida State game.

Since it’s getting late, I guess I’ll go to bed. Heaven knows I need my beauty sleep.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment