Monday, November 1, 2010

More Scanning, More Packing, and Soul Harvest

Are you as happy as I that the election will be over (at least for the most part) tomorrow? If I have to listen to or watch another ad blasting one candidate or another, I think I might scream so loud you’ll be able to hear me.

Hope you all have voted or will be voting tomorrow.

Today, I did a lot more scanning, a lot more packing and have read almost 2/3 of the fourth Left Behind book, Soul Harvest.

One of the items I scanned today was a 64-page booklet I had titled The Great Flood of ‘72, produced by the Star-Gazette (Elmira’s hometown newspaper) shortly after Hurricane Agnes devastated the area. It brought back a lot of memories. I had

I packed two boxes full of Precepts Ministries Study Guides and Kay Arthur books for a lady from Valrico. I’ll be dropping them off at Apostles Lutheran sometime tomorrow.

I can’t seem to put down the Left Behind series. My brother Ray wants to read them next. He had read a couple, but since he’s retired, it shouldn’t take him long to make his way through them.

He didn’t think I’d be done with the twelve books by Thanksgiving, but at the rate I’m going, it will not be a problem. I seem to read one every day and a half. Since that’s 2 every 3 days, and I have 8 more to go, I should be done by 11/13 or 11/14, well before Thanksgiving. I’ll probably read a lot more of Soul Harvest tonight and may even finish it before I go to sleep – that would indeed be an accelerated rate.

By the way, have any of you been watching the new Sherlock series on PBS’s Masterpiece Mystery. In this version, Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson live in the current time. Dr. Watson is a veteran of the Afghanistan war. I have loved Sherlock Holmes stories since I read A Study in Scarlet before I was in high school My mom had the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes and I read them all before I left high school. I can’t think of any Sherlock Holmes movie or TV show that I haven’t thoroughly enjoyed. This series is no exception. The stories aren’t written by Conan Doyle, but they are very similar, though this Sherlock may be a little darker than Doyle’s if that is possible.

Well, off to my reading.

Wuntil next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment