Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Elections, Conviction and Assassins

Elections

Are you as glad as I that the elections are over?

Of course, now starts the election season for the 2012 Presidential election. Almost everyone I wanted to win won. Let’s just hope that those elected remember the promise made. This country is in need of less government, a return to common sense and the Constitution, and a balanced budget. Need I go on?

I supported Rick Scott for Governor here in Florida and most emphatically did not want to see Alex Sink our next governor. Rick Scott won, but I’ve got to admit I was very impressed by Alex Sink’s prompt concession even though there were only a few thousand votes between the two of them. She certainly acted more honorably that I expected and much more so than some Republicans I could mention, e.g. Charlie Crist, Lisa Murkowski and Mike Castle. I didn’t expect this after Sink cheated during the last debate and then lied about it, but go figure.

Conviction

This morning, I went to the AMC and saw the movie Conviction starring Hillary Swank. What a great movie. It’s based on a true story about the close bonds between a brother and sister.

The brother is accused and convicted of murdering someone. The sister believes he didn’t do it, but can’t get anyone to help her prove it. She finally decides to become a lawyer so she can re-open the case and prove him not guilty. To do this, she has put her life on hold and get her G.E.D., her B.A. and pass the bar. This process takes her 16 years.

I won’t spoil the ending, but this is a great movie. If you get a chance, be sure to see it.

Assassins

I spent most of the afternoon scanning and reading. I don’t think I’ll ever get done.

I did finish the 5th Left Behind book last night since I couldn’t sleep anyway. Today, while scanning, I started the 6th book, Assassins. I can’t believe how well Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins can weave together and bring to life the events that occur during the Rapture and the Seven Year Tribulation that follows. I’m sure glad I now have all of the books in the series since I wouldn’t want to have to wait from one book to the next.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment