Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quiet Day with Long Naps

Today was indeed a quiet day during which I got to take several pretty long naps. About the only thing accomplished today was settling my mother’s estate. It probably shouldn’t have taken so long, but this was the first time my brothers and I have been together since this summer at her memorial service and burial.

This will be the first Thanksgiving without my mother being there and will be sad because of this, but we all have such great memories of her and all of the fine food she cooked during Thanksgivings past. She is the one who contributed her knowledge to my brother Jeff that enables him to put on such a fine feed.

I did strap on my knee braces and take a short walk today without any problems. My right kneed is feeling fine right now. Maybe tomorrow, I’ll walk a little farther. I wonder if our annual traditional trip to Bass Pro Shop Thanksgiving morning qualifies as “a walk.”

While here, I’ve eaten far too many sausage balls (my sister-in-law Margie always brings some with her) Once I’ve had my fill of them, I’ll probably start on the pigs in a blanket. Of course, tomorrow will be here delicious cheesecake. For tonight, my brother Jeff made chili. It smells so good.

We played cards last night. My cousin Richard and I were beaten in at least 3 games of Euchre, but Richard redeemed himself by winning at Polish or Crazy Poker. Kathy got some games out we may play tonight.

Here’s hoping everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment