Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lunch with Joan, More Scanning & Apollyon

Today, after dropping off two boxes of books for a lady at the Apostles Lutheran Church, my friend Joan and I met at Longhorn Steakhouse for lunch. I had spent the morning scanning some more color negatives. I can’t believe how well this scanner handles them and, since the actual scanning of 10 negatives at a time talkes quite a while, I got a lot of reading done as well.

Yesterday, before going to sleep, I finished the 4th Left Behind book, Soul Harvest. Today, I’ve been reading the 5th, Apollyon. Since it is almost 400 pages, I don’t think I’ll get it finished tonight. It’s strange but each book seems to get better than the last. And, they really make you think about what the Tribulation period will be like for those left behind.

Re: the Election: I have stayed up long enough to know that Alan Grayson from Florida has lost. In fact, he got trounced. Allen West also won – he seems like a good guy. Marco Rubio will be our next Senator. Now, if Alex Sink, Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer and Jerry Brown get beaten, I’ll be walking on air.

Time to go to bed and read for a few minutes.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment