Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Burlesque and Phone Calls

This morning, after a rather restless night, I made a lot of phone calls. In fact, I only have one more to complete my call to-do list. For the last several weeks, my sleep has been troubled by pain in my right leg and knee. Last night, after my fall at Cracker Barrel, my left leg decided to keep the other company. Every time I moved, I had the same sensation I did when I landed on my knees in the dirt. I think I overextended my legs and now I just have to wait until they heal.

Since I had to go to Sam’s for more boxes, I decided to go to the movies to see Burlesque, the new Cher movie with Christina Aguilera, Kristen Bell, Stanley Tucci, and Eric Dane. Even though I didn’t expect to necessarily enjoy the movie, I did … a lot. It’s a pretty good story and the music was terrific. It isn’t getting great reviews – Rolling Stone magazine panned it viciously – if I had read their review before seeing the movie, I would have expected to enjoy it. I almost never agree with the critics.

I never did make it to Dick’s Sporting Goods to get my ankle weights, but maybe it would be better to wait until I talk to Dr. Tom. Tomorrow, I’m going to try to get in to see him. He’ll know whether working with the weights will help or make it worse.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment