Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dr. Tom and Faster

This morning, I went to see Dr. Tom and he worked on my back. It feels better, but is no 100% yet. I’ll go back Friday and hope that does the trick. He said the ankle weights should help strengthen my legs and knees, but not to walk with the ankle weights on. After seeing him, I went to Dick’s Sporting Goods and got the ankle weights then to AMC to see the movie Faster with Duane “The Rock” Johnson, Billy Bob Thornton and Carla Gugino.

From the previews, it looked like the movie was going to be a bloody rampage where Johnson just goes from place to place murdering people. Believe me, there is a lot more to the story than that, although there is a lot of murdering.

It’s amazing how movies and books can make you root for the “bad” guy. Even Roy Rogers made a movie where he made Jesse James look not quite as bad as one might expect. Faster was one of those movies. I would recommend it. It’s exciting and there’s some interesting revelations during the film. If nothing else, you can look at “The Rock” for a couple of hours – not a bad thing.

Tomorrow, I pick up my camper and bring it back to the park where I’ll begin moving the rest of my stuff in. Just a couple of more weeks and I’ll be in the camper full time.

It’s 70 inside right now, 49 degrees outside, and is not supposed to warm up before the weekend though I expect it will be a little warmer than in the forties during the day.

A friend, whom I met through my good friend Joan and who has been battling cancer for a couple of years, is in the hospital. She’s had a stroke, doesn’t recognize anyone, and can’t make anyone understand her. Would you please pray for her and her family and friends. She’s faced this disease with much courage and hope, but she must be feeling scared and frustrated that no one can understand her.

Time to crawl into a nice warm bed and go to sleep.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment