Monday, December 6, 2010

Hutch = 4 Boxes

This morning, I decided to tackle my mom’s hutch. Who would believe that there were 4 boxes of stuff in there? By tomorrow, I should have another load of stuff for Goodwill.

Have you heard that it’s supposed to go into the TWENTIES tonight and for a few days after today? After talking with the health insurance agent, I plan to go to Ace Hardware to get some kind of heater for my camper. There is a furnace, but it’s apparently not too efficient. I think I’ll pick up a small temperature-controlled electric heater with a fan so I can leave it on if I’m not there for awhile. I would really rather not have all of my pipes freeze so I guess I have to do something. Plus, beginning in a few days, I’ll be staying in the camper and don’t want to freeze myself.

This morning, I watched another Hallmark movie I DVR’d -- Three Gifts, with Dean Cain, Jean Louisa Kelly, Mimi Kennedy and Reginald VelJohnson of Family Affairs. What a great movie! I was trying to place where I had seen Jean Louisa Kelly before and was reminded by the Internet that she had appeared on the sitcom Yes, Dear. What surprised me even more was that she played Tia, John Candy’s niece, in Uncle Buck.

I still have some other things I’ve taped, but will probably not get to watch them until tomorrow. I did watch Sarah Palin’s Alaska last night. It was an episode where she goes hunting with her father and a friend named Becker. She is no Annie Oakley – at least with a gun that was apparently not sighted in correctly. However, when she used Becker’s gun, she hit that caribou the first time.

Next Sunday, she takes Kate Gosselin and her 8 kids camping with her. It should be interesting to see how that works out.

I just set up the heater in my camper (it’s 5:24 pm). It puts out quite a bit of heat for a little heater and I only have it on low temp. I checked it at 7:15 and everything seems to be okay. The heater was cycling on and off. The floor was not even extra warm, but the chill was off the inside of the camper.

The insurance agent was here today and I’ll now get my Medicare supplemental without paying for it. In fact, I guess I’ll be getting back $96.40 per month. I had to pick a doctor and since I never go to anyone but my chiropractor, I picked Dr. Fred Bearison. He was Mark’s doctor and is a great guy. Though I probably wouldn’t get to see him if I made an appointment, it would at least be someone in his office. Don’t worry – I have no plans to go to the doctor so don’t worry.

I taped another Hallmark movie I’ve started watching. It’s  called A Season for Miracles and stars Carla Gugino, Kathy Baker, Patty Duke, David Conrad, Laura Dern, and a very young Mae Whitman. Mae is currently on one of my favorite shows, Parenthood. It’s a movie I saw last year, but thanks to my poor memory, it’s almost new to me. :)

Tonight is the beginning of The Closer again. I’m looking forward to Kyra Sedgwick and the gang as they solve crimes and get confessions.I read in T.V. Guide that Brenda’s parents are going to be in some of the episodes this year. Barry Corbin and Framces Sternhagen are just a riot. Of course, Mary McDonnell will also show up once in a while.

It’s not even 7:30 yet and it’s already 44 degrees. I guess there’s no doubt it’s going to be cold. Strawberry farms will be up all night. I hope they can keep those sweet little berries alive and well.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment