Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve = Mom’s Birthday

Christmas Eve has always been an extra special day in my family because it was my mother’s birthday. This is our first Christmas Eve and Christmas without Mom and we all miss her a lot. I’m so glad I could be with my brother for this wonderful/difficult time.

Last night, Greta Van Susteren’s program where she followed Franklin Graham of Samaritans First and Sarah Palin to Haiti, a nation still devastated by that horrific earthquake and now cholera. A helicopter flight over some parts of Haiti showed there is little progress being made. A lot of this is because of government corruption. Dr. Graham said they are expected to pay bribes to be allowed to unload humanitarian aid.

There doesn’t seem to be any consolidated plan for rebuilding the nation. Surely, there are enough bright minds that someone could come up with a coherent plan to fix this problem.

Well, I guess I’d better pack up my computer and get it out of the way again.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment