Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another Trip to Goodwill

Today, Dickie and I made another trip to Goodwill. There’ll be another trip there tomorrow using his convertible with the top down and my truck. Even then, I doubt we’ll get it all.

I can’t believe how much stuff we all accumulate. I’m still having problems with too much junk, even after having gotten rid of or stored almost everything I own, though most of what I’m trying to take care of now involves canned goods, pasta, rice, paper goods, etc.

Today, Dickie handed me a box with the words “Knife Collection” on it. Why would someone collect a bunch of knives of little value. Yet, do they really have no value? One of the knives is one Mark had before we were married. He carried it often when he hunted or fished. All of the precious knives were wrapped in newspaper, so I’m sure there are other treasures in this box.

I did finally hook up the water to the camper today (my water tank is still not empty, but it’s time). Tomorrow, if I have the time I’ll hook up the sewer hose – my most favorite job of all!! I also plan to install the thing that holds my kitchen knives and the new hasp I got for my two-door cabinet over the second bed. I will then be able to get rid of some of the clutter spread all over every horizontal surface.

Tonight, I’ll probably go to bed early again (I went at 8 last night).

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment