Thursday, December 9, 2010

Colonial Carpet from Empire

This morning, I got a lot more packing done, but there is still much to do.

Richard came over to be here when the Empire Carpet guy got here to measure for the carpet and to have Richard pick out the carpet he wanted. He settled on carpet made by Shaw that is called “Colonial.” It’s a bluish (anyone who knows Richard would have guessed this, I bet) carpet and looks very plush. The installers will be here on Monday to complete the installation. They expect it will take the entire day.

In the meantime, I have to make sure everything I’m giving away to Goodwill is packed and taken there or at least put in my truck. I also have to pack up anything I am moving to my camper or truck and make sure it gets moved there. I also have to make sure any furniture staying here doesn’t have anything on it. For example, Dickie is keeping a couple of dressers, some stands, and several bookshelves and there a few items on them I have to pack up or find a place for.

Whew! About the only thing I don’t have to do is make sure the shed is cleaned out. I guess I can start that on Tuesday.

New Jersey Outrage

Anyone who gets the AARP bulletin has probably seen their report on the audit that exposed the NJ Turnpike’s Gravy Train.  It seems that “turnpike employees were paid about $30 MILLION in bonuses between 2007 and 2010 for shoveling snow or working on holidays or their birthday…None of the bonuses were based on employee performance.”

“Overall, auditors found $43 million in waste.” And all of this was going on in a state that has the fourth largest deficit. What do you bet this same thing is going on throughout our corrupt local, state and federal governments.

Governments, like families, must stop spending more than they take in.

Well, back to sorting and packing.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment