Friday, December 3, 2010

Tangled and A Little Nostalgia

Today, after visiting Dr. Tom, I went to AMC to see the new Disney animated feature Tangled. It is a delightful story based on the fairy tale about Rapunzel. The story brought back memories from my childhood. I remember sitting on my mother’s lap as she read the fairy tale to me.

Actually, the only thing I remember about the story was how Mom would say “Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair.” This story was so much more than that. This is one of the best Disney animated films I have ever seen. I laughed, I cried, I sat on the edge of my seat. The animated animals were unusually good: Maximus, the horse and the chameleon, whose name I don’t remember – if I ever heard it. The villains are particularly villainous. Zachary Levi voices the male lead, Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel and the villainous “mother” is voiced by Donna Murphy.

If you get a chance, please go to see it. I can’t imagine anyone would not enjoy it.

After I got home, about the only thing I did was go through 6 or 7 photo albums and remove the pictures I had already scanned some time ago. I’ve thrown out the pictures, minus some my cousin wanted,  and will give the albums to Goodwill. This took a couple of hours, but it’s one more thing done.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment