Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Long Winter’s Nap

Last night, I spent my first night living in my new home (my 25-foot travel trailer). My bed is so comfortable, I hated to get up this morning, but I had a lot to do, so I did anyway.

Yesterday, the installers from Empire Today came to install the carpet in my mobile home. They did a fantastic job, but since they installed carpet in every room except the kitchen, one bathroom and the hallway by the washer and dryer, everything had to be moved around. I took pictures of the carpet, but forgot to bring my camera over to the trailer so I’ll have to post the pictures another time.

This morning, I started moving things back where they go and sorting and packing stuff for the Lighthouse Gospel Mission. They are coming tomorrow to pick up SEVEN bookcases and a number of miscellaneous items, including my shredder, a record player, and any number various items.

Tonight I hooked up my TV. With just my antenna, I get a lot of stations including the local ABC and NBC networks as well as the CW, CTN, ION and PBS/ I’m not surprised I can’t get CBS because their stations is over in St. Pete. I don’t expect I’ll miss any shows since I can watch them on-line. For example, tonight I watched the Hawaii 5-O that was on last night.

I can find out what is on via the online TV Guide website, but I find I don’t watch as much TV when I’m in my camper.

It was very cold here last night (29 degrees) and is supposed to be a little colder tonight, but my camper is toasty warm. The strawberry and some of the vegetable farmers spray water on the plants. It’s really weird seeing the sprinklers going and the ice that forms on the plants and fences and whatever the water hits.

Well, it’s 8 o’clock, time to get another long winter’s nap.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment