Monday, December 20, 2010

Does Disney = Lost Voice?

Yesterday, I went with my sister-in-law Esther and her friend to Orlando. Their group Sing Live was singing at the American Pavilion at Epcot Center at 5 pm. I almost didn’t go because I already had a scratchy throat, but the weathermen assured us it would clear up and get warmer later in the afternoon. Huh!

By four o’clock, it felt like 40 below zero at Epcot. The wind was blowing hard, there was a mist in the air and I was very cold.

The concert, narrated by country superstar Trace Adkins, was absolutely amazing. The music was beautiful.

After the concert, we ate dinner at Le Chefs de France, then walked in the not quite so cold back to the tram and then back to the car. By dinnertime, I was hoarse, just like the last time I went there with Esther. I told her I would have to stop going to Disney with her – :).

I left home at 6 am and got to my brother’s in Georgia by 1:30 pm. Hardly any traffic and very few stops make for a fairly quick trip. My brother fed me some delicious soup he made – amazing how much better you feel after a good bowl of soup.

Now, I can concentrate on my Christmas shopping, packaging, and shipping  – something I have done very little of.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment