Wednesday, December 15, 2010

??? Tons Moved

Yes, it seems like I have moved multiple tons of stuff the last few weeks and I’m almost done with it.

Today, Lighthouse Gospel Mission came and picked up 6 bookcases, a shredder, my Dymo address labeler, and countless other items too numerous to mention. While taking out the next to the last item, they put a hole in the porch door screen. Oh, well, one more thing to do.

Dickie came over and helped a lot. Tomorrow, the movers are picking up his stuff and moving it into the house. So, in the morning I’ll be cleaning out the refrigerator and the rest of the kitchen. I also have a few items to move over to the camper. Fortunately, not as many as I had before today.

I started the day moving 15 or so huge bags of garbage to the dumpster. I moved a lot of stuff into the living room for Lighthouse to pick up. I moved 6 boxes and some bags of stuff into the camper. I moved 8 or 10 boxes of stuff to the storage facility. Karen had to help me with one of the bins; I couldn’t pick it up alone. I still have one more box to put in storage and a lot of stuff to go through in the shed, but after that I should be done.

Right now, I have 6 boxes of food items in 2 piles next to my spare bed in the camper. I don’t think I’ll be trying to put them away until I get back from my brother Jeff’s where I’m spending some time during Christmas.

I also have some clothing items to take care of, but the same procrastination will apply to that. There’s only so much energy and right now mine is sorely depleted.

It was 26 degrees at about 5:30 this morning. That’s mighty cold, but the strawberry plants look okay. The farmers have a pretty good system for keeping them from freezing.

Well, I’ll sign off for now.

Until next time…

My little tv and super duper tv antenna do a great job bringing in a lot of stations around here. The only major network I can’t get is CBS. Right now I’m watching Human Target – what a great show!

No comments:

Post a Comment