Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Home Again, Home Again – not so jiggety-jig

While I made pretty good time today, I have to say that my plan to come back to Florida on Tuesday so I would avoid a lot of traffic was not the best idea I ever had. The traffic through Georgia was mostly bumper to bumper, though we were speeding down the highway at 70 mph.

I got home around 6 pm and only unloaded my computer, camera and bag with my Kindle. Tomorrow is soon enough to unload the rest.

I’m heading to bed right after I post this blog. Eight plus hours is a long drive, especially with a lot of traffic. I can’t believ the gas prices. Where I paid $2.909 going up to Georgia, it was $3.059 and higher coming back. That’s about 15 cents more in just a week. I’ve heard gas is expected to rise to $5 or more per gallon in a short while. Let’s hope not. Sixty dollars to fill your gas tank is already too much.

I listened to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone on the way up so the trip didn’t seem quite so long as it sometimes does. On the way home, I listed to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and even started Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Amazing the difference there is in how time seems to pass when your mind is engaged in an interesting book. Of course, the trip up and back is filled with memories of times with Mark and my mother. I miss them both all of the time, but especially at this time of year.

I enjoyed being at my brother’s so much, it was hard to leave this morning. They were so gracious and made me feel part of their immediate family the whole time I was there. But, you know, my brother is such a great cook, I’m sure I would gain back the 50 or so pounds I’ve lost since leaving work.

Well, it’s getting to be past my bedtime.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment