Saturday, December 18, 2010

Smarter Than the Average Bear

Today, Karen & I went to see the movie Yogi Bear. It was a great movie, in spite of the bad reviews it has received. At least, Karen and I were entertained. But, of course, we watched Yogi Bear as kids. Did you know he originally appeared on the TV cartoon Huckleberry Hound and that Yogi’s character and mannerism were based on Art Carney’s character Norton on The Honeymooners. Anyway, it was thoroughly enjoyable.

After the movie, in spite of the rain, I dropped off another hamper full of extra clothing at the storage unit then we went to Applebee’s for lunch. The French onion soup was good, but not as good as usual. It was extra salty and wasn’t nearly hot enough. But the bacon cheeseburger and chili cheese fries more than made up for it.

This afternoon, I collected about a dozen bags and boxes of stuff from my old house and took it to the camper, where I sorted most of it out, either throwing it away, putting it away, or putting it in a box for Goodwill. I can’t believe how many partially empty bottles of shampoo and conditioner Mom and I had together. I now have one of each in the camper. I also left one of each in the bathroom at the old house. However, I didn’t throw away any tubes of BenGay or other muscle soothers even though there were several partially used tubes and bottles.

Well, it’s only 7:20, but I’m off to bed. I have a scratchy throat. I can’t tell if I’m coming down with a cold or if my throat is just rebelling against the cat hair and smoke in my old house.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment