Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A New Life

A little while ago, my sister-in-law Margie’s brother Danny passed away, but check out this picture. This is Danny’s grandson born 11/21/2010 weighing in at 8 lbs 1 in long and 22 inches tall. His name is Jesse Daniel Gurley. Isn’t he precious?

Jesse Daniel Gurley

I hope this little baby will help comfort those who are missing Danny.

This morning, I took 4 bags of trash to the dumpster – stuff I’m just throwing out. I have another 4+ bags I’ll have to take over tomorrow morning.

I loaded up 6 more boxes for Goodwill and took them there after going to AMC to see The Warrior’s Way. I didn’t really know anyone who was in the movie, though I had heard of Kate Bosworth. It was a very interesting moving, even though there was a lot of blood and gory. It certainly was entertaining.

After I got home from Goodwill and Publix, I got a call back from League of Mercy. Yesterday, I left a message with them about getting a truck to come pick up some of my larger items. The lady said they don’t take TVs (I have 3 or 4 to give away) nor do they take entertainment centers (I have 2). She suggested I call Lighthouse Gospel Mission. A truck will arrive TOMORROW – yep, in less than 24 hous I have to be ready for them. I think I’ll probably make it. They’ll also be picking up 1 double bed, 1 set of bunk beds, a gun cabinet, a computer center, a printer stand, 3 rocking chairs, and my mother’s hutch.

So, this means if I want to sleep in a bed tomorrow night, I’ll be sleeping in my camper. Or, I could sleep on the sofa. We’ll see. My bed in the camper is very comfortable, but it’s really cold.

Also, tomorrow, my cousin is coming over so we can check out carpet and linoleum. And then, tomorrow night I have a ticket to see the encore presentation of Glenn Beck’s Broke.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment