Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Adjustments

As I indicated yesterday, Lighthouse Gospel Mission was coming today to pick up the big items that I need to get out of my home so Richard will have room for his stuff. They were her a couple of hours and did a great job moving the stuff out of here. They did have to take apart the bottom part of the bunk bed in order to get it out of the bedroom.

Wow, is there ever a lot more room here in the house. In the course of things, they had to unhook my DirecTV from the television they took. Unbelievably, I was able to hook up a small TV they didn’t take to my main DirecTV receiver/DVR. This was particularly unbelievable because I wasn’t the one to unhook it and you can’t imagine the big pile of cables that were on the floor where the TV and cable box had been.

I set the TV and cable box up on the folding table I’ll be using when I’m on the road. But you won’t believe how small the picture on the TV is. I had to move the TV a little closer than the other was. I also think I may have to move my chair closer to the TV.

After the guys left, Richard and I went to – you guessed it – Old Towne Pizza and had – yep, you guessed right again – Corn Fritters and Strawberry Walnut salads. Are we in a rut or what?

Tomorrow, Empire Carpet is coming to measure and give us an estimate for installing new carpets and linoleum. They guarantee next day service but we’re going to try to get them to take care of it on Monday.

Oh, Richard took the barracuda I caught and had stuffed back in 1995. A friend of his wants it. Glad I didn’t have to throw it out.

Tonight, I go to AMC to see an encore presentation of Glenn Beck’s live show called Broke. I hope I can stay awake.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment