Friday, November 5, 2010

More Acupuncture, MegaMind, etc.

This morning, I visited the chiropractor where he did more acupuncture on my knee. Amazing how much better my knee is today, but some of that may be due to the fact that I wore my new walking shoes all day.

After my appointment, I drove to AMC in Brandon to watch the IMAX 3-D version of MegaMind. It is the first IMAX 3-D movie I’ve seen in the Brandon theater. The movie was great – Brad Pitt, Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Jonah Hill and David Cross were the voices of the main characters, while Ben Stiller and J.K. Simmons played some of the more minor characters.

While the movie was really good – great story line and characters, I must say I’ll never pay the price to see a movie in IMAX 3-D again. What a waste of money. The normal price of a movie played before noon is now $6. This one, scheduled for 9 am, was $12. I don’t really care for 3-D most of the time and I didn’t see the point of the IMAX – I guess it’s something to do with the sound – the screen seems the same.

After the movie, I came home and finished up my scanning – I had a few documents and pictures ot scan, then started an incremental backup of my computer. I expect it might finish by Sunday night.

This afternoon, I finished the seventh Left Behind book (The In-Dwelling) and started the eight (The Mark). In fact, since it’s after 9 pm, I think I’ll try to get a good ways into it tonight. Since it’s only 50 outside and barely 70 inside, it’s a terrific night to crawl under the covers and read. On the other hand, I may just go right to sleep.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment