Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Quiet Saturday

I hope everyone saw the coverage on Jason Dunham, the heroic Marine who threw himself on a grenade to protect the rest of his crew while serving in Iraq. Today, the Navy dedicated the U.S.S. Jason Dunham, a 510-foot Destroyer, in honor of Dunham.

I’m sure you agree with me that there is not enough we can do to show our appreciation to the men and women who put themselves in harm’s way every day so we can be free – not just in military service but those who protect us in other ways. We sure live in a great country.

My plan today was to work in the shed, but after a night where I never slept more than an hour or two at a time – I took several short “naps” during the night, because my knee was giving me fits.

Instead, I spent my day archiving about 20 more CDs to iTunes. I sure hope that is all of them, but until I go through every drawer and shelf, I won’t know.

I also worked on creating the DVDs I promised several people this summer. They contain the photo essays on Alger, Mark and Mom that we played at the memorial service. I should be sending them out soon. Because the pictures of Mark are in a PowerPoint presentation, I think I’ll have to create 2 DVDs for everyone. Actually, I may put Mark’s on a CD – I think the original one I created was on a CD – and I have a lot of blank CDs.

I started a book called A Skeleton in God’s Closet today and look forward to finishing another print book – that much less to carry with me in my camper.

I’ll probably go to bed early and hope to get more sleep tonight than last night.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment