Sunday, November 7, 2010

Desecration and The Remnant

Last night, or should I say early this morning (about 2 am), I finished the 9th Left Behind book called Desecration and started the 10th, The Remnant. It’s hard to put these books down. For example, at the end of Desecration, 2 bombs and a missile are dropped on the believers in Petra. The book ended with no indication about what happened to the millions of believers there.

Even though ti was already 2 am, I had to start The Remnant so I could find out what happened. I won’t spoil it for you.

Once again, we had a very cold night – it was 43 outside when I got up about 5:30. The temp inside (55) wasn’t much better, but I can’t see much point in having the heat on unless there’s danger of freezing. A nice warm shirt, a pair of long pants allow me to be comfortable, especially if I cover up with a lap robe or blanket. And a bonus: it’s conducive to reading and napping. Other than picking up a few groceries, that’s pretty much all I did today.

I had to start my cmoputer backup for the third time. Instead of an incremental backup, which I think was causing the problems, I decided to just do another full backup.

Well, I have two more books to go in the Left Behind series and can’t imagine why I wouldn’t finish them in time to take them up to my brother’s for Thanksgiving. As it looks now, I probably won’t get much else done until they have been read.

Until next time…

1 comment: